Skilling for Recovery

Training Initiative

Skilling for Recovery is a key component of the State’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan. It includes an additional 100,000 fee free full and part qualification training places to reskill, retrain and redeploy the workforce to industries where there are skills shortages and emerging employment opportunities. Skilling for Recovery will help job seekers retrain or up-skill to enhance their credentials and support school leavers to enter the workforce for the first time.

*For more information about Skilling for Recovery, please visit NSW Department of Education.

am i eligible?

To be eligible for Skilling for Recovery, students MUST:

  • be 15 years old or over
  • no longer at school
  • living or working in NSW
  • an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen

Students also need to meet one of the following four categories to be eligible for Skilling for Recovery funded training:

Youth 17 - 24

Aged between 17 to 24 at commencement of training, regardless of employment status, including Year 12 School leavers.

What Evidence Do I need?

An official ID showing your date of birth. This will also be verified by your Unique Student Identifier during the enrolment.

Commonwealth Benefit Recipient

Receiving Commonwealth Benefit at the commencement of training.

What Evidence Do I need?

To prove you are a Commonwealth Benefit recipient, you need to supply one of the following documents:

  • A letter from the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) confirming receipt of the benefit. The letter should clearly show the Centrelink Reference Number (CRN) and the benefit or allowance category. e.g. JobSeeker Payment Statement.
  • A current concession card that shows the CRN and clearly shows the benefit or allowance
    category. e.g. Age Pension Concession Card.
  • Any other evidence that clearly shows the CRN and the benefit or allowrance category.
Unemployed (Not a Commonwealth Benefit Recipient)

Unemployed at the commencement of training.

What Evidence Do I need?

A letter of separation from the employer at the enrolment. If this is not available, you must sign a declaration at the enrolment that you are unemployed.

*Living Planit may request additional information during the enrolment.

At Risk to Become Unemployed

An employed person who is ‘expected to become unemployed’ as defined by the Department.

What Evidence Do I need?

To prove you are at risk to become unemployed, you need to provide one of the following evidence:

  • A letter, email, employment contract, payslip indicating JobKeeper payments, notice of redundancy or other documentation relating to employment.
  • declaration at the enrolment that you do NOT hold a qualification at CERT III or above. This will be verified by your Unique Student Identifier during the enrolment.
  • A document shows that the start date of your employment is NO more than 6 months before the training commencement date.
  • A signed declaration by your current employer, confirming you are “expected to become unemployed”.

eligibility check form

*This is not a guarentee of your eligibility. Your Smart and Skilled eligibility will be confirmed during the enrolment process. For more information about Living Planit privacy police please visit

02 9233 3233

Give Us A Call Today

Email Us Today

180 George St, Concord West, NSW 2138

Operation Office



Living Planit is a proud member of AIPM and GAPPS, meaning our courses meet the standards of project management industry



As a registered Training organisation (RTO 40552), Living Planit provides nationally recognised part and full qualifications



As a NSW Smart and Skilled training provider, Living Planit provides government-funded training programs to individuals and corporations