Certificate IV in Building and Construction
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses. The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry.
This training is subsidised by the NSW government.
Up to 24 Months
Total 19 Units
units of competency
- CPCCBC4001 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 Buildings
- CPCCBC4002 Manage work health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4007 Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008 Supervise site communication and administration processes for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009 Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010 Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions
- CPCCBC4012 Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4014 Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4018 Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4021 Minimise waste on the building and construction site
- CPCCBC4053 Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C Buildings
- BSBPMG422 Apply project quality management techniques
- CPCCBC4003 Select, prepare and administer a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004 Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005 Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006 Select, procure and store construction materials for building and construction projects
- CPCSUS4002 Use building science principles to construct energy efficient buildings
- CPCCBC4013 Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4024 Resolve business disputes
Take the next step in your building and construction career. Learn how to manage small to medium size construction businesses with skills in business finance, read and interpret plans and specifications, produce building and construction cost estimates, prepare construction contracts, manage site WHS, plus more. Turn your existing skills into a CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) qualification along your pathway to a Building licence.
Living Planit recommends that prior knowledge of Building and Construction would be advantageous. Living Planit applies following entry requirements:
- be 18 years or older
- currently working on active construction projects is advantageous but not essential
- complete the LLN test during the enrolment process
- be able to commit to the course duration and time commitment
A valid White Card (General Construction Induction Card) and/or a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency CPCCOHS1001A Work Safely in the Construction Industry will be required for some of the course assessments. You’re required to obtain a White Card before you can complete these assessments.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
- 15 years old or over?
- no longer at school?
- living or working in NSW?
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen?
If you answered “Yes” to all four questions, then you’re eligible to enrol in a government-subsidised course with Living Planit.
*for more information about NSW Smart and Skilled, please visit website https://smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
Assessment process might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or Credit Transfer
- Class activities and presentations (Role Play and Observation)
- Unit Knowledge Test (UKT)
- Unit Project (UP) (workplace or simulated case study)
- Unit Skill Test (UST) (workplace or simulated case study)
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have might count towards your course if you have previously undertaken study at a recognised training organisation or have some relevant work experience you might gain credit towards specific units in a course shortening the time you need to study.
For more information, visit https://livingplanit.com.au/rpl/
- CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- Licensed Builder. For more information, please check relevant building licensing authority in your State or Territory.
- Computer with internet connection as well as access to the Microsoft Office Applications.
We want to support you every moment of your time with us. Our friendly support team and trainers will help you with any enquiries you may have and support you achieveing your career goals.
Download our Participant Handbook here.
Fee-Free Traineeship Program Available*
Fee-Free Skilling for Recovery Initiative*
Got A Question?
HOW TO BECOME A LICENSED BUILDER IN NSW
Pathway 1 – CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) with required units of competency + A current Carpentry or Bricklaying contractor license or supervisor certificate.
Pathway 2 – CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) + CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) with required units of competency.
Pathway 3 – A degree in building, construction, construction management, construction project management, construction economics, applied science (building), or quantity surveying from an Australian university which requires the applicant to undertake the equivalent of four years’ full time study and a mandatory work placement.
A minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience under a builder’s supervision, obtained within the last 10 years.
*For more information for the current licensing requirements in New South Wales, visit https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/trades-and-businesses/licensing-and-qualifications/general-building-work
Living Planit is a proud member of AIPM and GAPPS, meaning our courses meet the standards of project management industry
As a registered Training organisation (RTO 40552), Living Planit provides nationally recognised part and full qualifications
As a NSW Smart and Skilled training provider, Living Planit provides government-funded training programs to individuals and corporations