Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses. The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry.
This training is subsidised by the NSW government.
Up to 24 Months
Total 16 Units
units of competency
- BSBSMB406A Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4013A Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4024A Resolve business disputes
- CPCCBC4018A Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
Take the next step in your building and construction career. Learn how to manage small to medium size construction businesses with skills in business finance, read and interpret plans and specifications, produce building and construction cost estimates, prepare construction contracts, manage site WHS, plus more. Turn your existing skills into a CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) qualification along your pathway to a Building licence.
Living Planit recommends that prior knowledge of Building and Construction would be advantageous. Living Planit applies following entry requirements:
- Completed Year 12,
- Currently working on active construction projects,
- Have a valid White Card (General Construction Induction Card white card) and/or a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency CPCCOHS1001A Work Safely in the Construction Industry.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
- 15 years old or over?
- no longer at school?
- living or working in NSW?
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen?
If you answered “Yes” to all four questions, then you’re eligible to enrol in a government-subsidised course with Living Planit.
*for more information about NSW Smart and Skilled, please visit website https://smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
Assessment process might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or Credit Transfer
- Class activities and presentations (Role Play and Observation)
- Unit Knowledge Test (UKT)
- Unit Project (UP) (workplace or simulated case study)
- Unit Skill Test (UST) (workplace or simulated case study)
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have might count towards your course if you have previously undertaken study at a recognised training organisation or have some relevant work experience you might gain credit towards specific units in a course shortening the time you need to study.
For more information, visit https://livingplanit.com.au/rpl/
- CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- Licensed Builder. For more information, please check relevant building licensing authority in your State or Territory.
We want to support you every moment of your time with us. Our friendly support team and trainers will help you with any enquiries you may have and support you achieveing your career goals.
Download our Participant Handbook here.
Fee-Free Traineeship Program Available*
Under the NSW Government Fee-Free Traineeship initiative, NSW trainees that commence their traineeship qualification on or after 1 January 2020 may be eligible for fee free training.
Got A Question?
HOW TO BECOME A LICENSED BUILDER IN NSW
Pathway 1 – CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) with required units of competency + A current Carpentry or Bricklaying contractor license or supervisor certificate.
Pathway 2 – CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) + CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) with required units of competency.
Pathway 3 – A degree in building, construction, construction management, construction project management, construction economics, applied science (building), or quantity surveying from an Australian university which requires the applicant to undertake the equivalent of four years’ full time study and a mandatory work placement.
A minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience under a builder’s supervision, obtained within the last 10 years.
*For more information for the current licensing requirements in New South Wales, visit https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/trades-and-businesses/licensing-and-qualifications/general-building-work
Living Planit is a proud member of AIPM and GAPPS, meaning our courses meet the standards of project management industry
As a registered Training organisation (RTO 40552), Living Planit provides nationally recognised part and full qualifications
As a NSW Smart and Skilled training provider, Living Planit provides government-funded training programs to individuals and corporations